The Great A to Z Blogging Challenge 2014 Theme Reveal!


The fun is soon to begin. This is Theme Reveal day and so without further adieu, 

I'll be writing about Flight Terminology. I'll also be sharing pictures and tales of our flights when applicable. 


This picture is of our KitFox 2, a home built, Experimental aircraft, which Farmer Flyer (hubby) landed on some of our ground at the River Ranch, which overlooks the Palouse River in SE Washington State.

Recently, Farmer Flyer's been taking GoPro videos of some of his flights and has begun to post them to YouTube. If interested, click links to view. You'll feel like you're flying along with him.

KitFox2 Field Landings (Here, he's landing at one of our ranches that is about five miles from home.)
KitFox 2 Field Landings Bird's Eye View (In this one, he's landing on the same hilltops, but without view of the KitFox2.)
Just a Couple Landings before the Sun Goes Down (In this one, he's landing on our runway outside our back door.)

So that's my theme. I hope you'll come back to see more.



Comments

  1. How cool! This is something I know absolutely nothing about so it will be fun to read. And I know I will love the pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! They do a lot of bush plane flying in Alaska ... I'm sure you read about it when you researched your novel. Our type of flying is similar.

      Delete
  2. How terribly unique! My dad was in the air force, but I never learned much about terminology or flying...probably because he was a doctor and didn't get much air time. *shrugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, but I bet you know a lot of medical terminology!

      Delete
  3. Wow, you have beautiful ranch land to fly over and land on. I have been reading Richard Bach, he loves his airplane Puff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think of Richard Bach when it comes to flying too. Johnathan Livingston Seagull ...

      Delete
  4. Interesting. The term experimental aircraft has me running for cover, but I appreciate the brave souls who fly in them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa! I'll give the definition of experimental on the letter "E." It's not as scary as it sounds.

      Delete
  5. Airplanes are so cool! This sounds like an exciting theme to research, write about and read.

    With A - Z coming soon, you might want to go into settings and turn of captcha. You'll get a lot more comments if you do.

    MJ, A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Writing Tips
    Effectively Human
    Lots of Crochet Stitches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reminding me about the Captcha.

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to your posts!

    Have a great weekend.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do the A-Z, Melinda! Or did you sign up ...

      Delete
  7. I'm absolutely clueless about this so I look forward to learning all about flight terminology ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, a pleasant surprise! I'm glad you decided to sign up after all. I'm late doing my reveal and still have some misgivings about the time commitment but it was so much fun last year. REally like your topic. You and Mike will have a lot of fun, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool! I once had a friend who flew ultra-light planes. (Not sure if I got the terminology correct!) He finally progressed to helicopters. He flew every weekend and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an interesting theme, looking forward to seeing your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. my dad is a pilot, too - this would be right up his flight plan! i will have to steer him over here, tho he's not much of a blogger...
    looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo, great theme. When I travel, I'm always amazed by the level of technological advancement that has gone into human flight. It'll be great to learn some of the terminology involved with these wonderful marvels of engineering. Thank you!

    N J Magas, speculative fiction author, participating in Blogging A-Z April Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for commenting!

Popular posts from this blog

RV7 Flight: Palouse Falls and Steptoe Butte, Early December 2013

Contrail