Yoke


Yoke

If you've never been inside of a small airplane, you probably think they have a steering wheel. Well, some do have something that is close to a steering wheel, called a Yoke.


But most small airplanes are controlled by a stick instead. In our airplane, my husband has a stick, and I have a stick. Yes, it's quite the phallic symbol, blush-blush.

His stick.


My stick.

This little thing replaces a steering wheel, or yoke, and is what is used to "steer" the airplane. You hardly have to breathe on it, and the plane will turn one way or another. That's what's called "being responsive."




Comments

  1. That is cool. I think it is great that you have the nerves to fly. I'm too much of a chicken and i freak out whenever I'm a just a passenger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cool. I think it is great that you have the nerves to fly. I'm too much of a chicken and i freak out whenever I'm a just a passenger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steering an aircraft is serious business and I'm not..."Yoking!" (Insert groan and/or face palm here)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I just learned something new. Have never heard of the yoke!
    Ha-ha to 'Life SPW's' joke above :) Yep....audible groan here.
    Shells–Tales–Sails

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for expanding my world view. I had a vision of oxen when I saw the title.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for commenting!

Popular posts from this blog

The Great A to Z Blogging Challenge 2014 Theme Reveal!

RV7 Flight: Palouse Falls and Steptoe Butte, Early December 2013

Contrail